Tuesday, January 3, 2012



As I write our new store goal on our white board at work, my boss looks over at me and simply ask, "are you in love?"

I glance at her quickly, unsure of what I've asked, sheepishly smile and politely respond with, "excuse me?"

She glances back, very nonchalantly, and repeats, "are you in love?"

I smile to myself with the idea of taking my simple, cutesy, girlie adoring antics for him and fathom the idea of real, heart gutting, butterfly feeling love.

I take a long enough pause for my point to be thought over, then quietly say back, "that's a great question... from how I reacted at last nights fight... I don't really know. You don't react like that on the phone with some guy you sorta fancy... so whatever I feel is real."

She didn't expect my answer to be so honest. As she watched me follow my thoughts into a stare of nothing. She walked back to her desk and let me be within my own silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment